Posted: March 14, 2017
Achen-Gardner Construction LLC is currently hiring a full-time Project Engineer. The individual selected for this position will provide project management and field support services including, but not limited to: project administration, scheduling, cost monitoring and controls, job safety inspections and job documentation.
The position reports to the senior project manager.
- Assist project manager and project superintendent in preparation of the construction master project schedule and assist the same in monitoring, reporting and updating master schedule based on field progress.
- Continually monitor field activity costs and compare against project's budget estimate; develop and maintain a communication plan to inform project manager and project superintendent of any discrepancies.
- Actively participate in and attend project construction meetings both with owner client and in-house to gain knowledge and insight into the mechanics of the project.
- Promote, with cooperation of project manager, superintendent and company safety director, the site-safety program and monitor it closely to ensure a safe site in compliance with company, client and government requirements and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of highways, roads and underground wet utilities.
- Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and coordination, leadership techniques and production methods.
- Skills Required: Basic skills in in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel; ability to problem solve and make effective decisions; and ability to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships. Experience with HCSS Estimating and HCSS Heavy Job Reporting software, and bilingual speaking ability (English/Spanish) are a plus.
For more information, and additional job requirements and duties, please see the job description (PDF).
Interested applicants may contact human resources coordinator Lidia Castillo at 480.403.9424 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.