Posted: Jan. 9, 2017
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Transportation Engineer for employment in the Phoenix, AZ office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Under the responsible charge of a Professional Engineer:
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
- Work on a wide range of projects and tasks and assist with field research, data collection, data analysis, graphics, maps and data presentation, and report development
- Assist in design of transportation roadway and civil engineering projects
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in traffic or transportation engineering or other related field required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be thorough, well organized, and effectively manage time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential; able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as of Land Desktop/AutoCAD, InRoads, InSite, and MicroStation)
- Interest in Transportation, Aviation and/or Traffic design projects
- Willing to travel (if and when required)
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
- MS projects experience in preferred
Please find more information and apply online.